I was nominated for the Liebster award by http://confessionsofaswatchaholic.wordpress.com/ !! thank you so much! 🙂 I love doing these, they are so fun!
Here are the rules:
The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award, They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)
So first off, 11 facts about myself…lets see….
1. I’m not very good at math, I never have been, but I still like it sometimes. I guess I have a love/hate relationship with it!
2. I recently discovered cookie butter from Trader Joes and now I can never eat anything else.
3. I love Lord of the Rings and I really want to do One Ring nails one day!
4. Someday I would love to travel, I just need money
5. I procrastinate so much! Its really a problem!
6. I love getting things organized, love paperwork and things like that, but for some reason my room is a mess!
7. I’m usually really outgoing, but recently I have gotten more shy, not sure why?
8. I love “old” music, like Queen, Billy Joel, ACDC, Beatles, etc, but I also like new indie music
9. I took guitar in high school, but I dont play it because my nails are sorta too long and they just get in the way 😛
10. I’m currently addicted to sims. I love playing it, its so fun ah.
11. I love getting comments and getting to know people, so dont be afraid to say hi! 🙂
and now the questions that I have been asked:
1. What is your favourite manicure colour combination? I love beachy looking colors together, blues tans and browns, they are so calming and i just really love them!
2. Where do you get your manicure inspiration from? Lots of places! I look online for cool patterns or things to do, I get inspired from bloggers I follow.
3. What is your favourite nail art blog and why? I would have to say http://chelseasgetnailed.com/ because she always has perfect nails and they are so creative and amazing looking! I really take inspiration from everyone that I follow though, so its hard to say who is my favorite!
4. Do you prefer glossy nails or a matte manicure? I prefer glossy, but sometimes I like Matte, I guess it just depends how i’m feeling!
5. What is your most expensive nail polish? I dont like spending a lot on polish, so I usually try to keep it below $5, sometimes thats hard though, I do have a few OPIs that were $8 and up. I think my most expensive in terms of size would be a mini size holo indie polish with no name that i bought for $8. Its really amazing though!
6. What is your favourite nail shape and why? I love long squared nails, Mine tend to go round and I have to work to keep them square, I hate it when people have their nails filed into points, I think it looks so terrible. (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdkg190igE1qbn7pyo1_500.jpg) this may just be because in elementary school, I used to know a girl who would file her nails into points and then poke and scratch people.
7. How did you get into nail art? I have always been very artistic and I have always loved doing my nails and seeing how cool I could make them look. I think the first time I really did nail art was around 5th grade when my grandma bought me some red white and blue polishes, so I made an American Flag design. or I tried to anyway. I got pretty frustrated but I thought it still looked cool. I stopped doing my nails for a while then got back into it in high school. 🙂
8. Super glam long nails or chic and short? Somewhere in between. I love long nails, but mine break easily, even when i have strengthener and take vitamins and things, but i dont like how my nails look when they are short!
9. Who would be your ideal celebrity nail client and why? Zooey Deschanel, because she has already displayed some pretty funky nail art, plus I just think it would be awesome to meet her!
10. What is your fail-safe manicure; the one you always turn to? I dont really have one, but I have started to go toward fishtail when I dont know what else to do because it always looks cool and theres so many different things you can do color-wise! If I have no time, Ill just do a plain creme color and put glitter on one of my nails!
11. What nail art trend are you going to try out next? My aunt got my a gift certificate to jamberry nails for my birthday, and i havent tried nail wraps yet, but they have a custom nail wraps thing where you can upload your own image and they will turn it into a nail wrap for you. I think thats pretty cool, so when I come up with something that would be awesome enough, thats what im gonna try! 🙂 _______________________________________________________________________________
and now for my nominees!
some of these may have more than 200 followers, but it was so hard to find 11 that didn’t!
finally, my own questions:
I was gonna keep these nail related, but I don’t think i can think of that many nail questions, so it will be a mix of both!
1. First off, whats your favorite brand of polish and why?
2. What is your nail care routine?
3. Who influences you when you do nail art?
4. What do you like to do in your spare time besides nails?
5. Where is your favorite place to travel?
6. What is the longest wearing non-gel polish you know of?
7. What was your least favorite subject in school?
8. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? (cheesy i know)
9. What is your least favorite nail art trend?
10. How do you budget your nail polish spending (I sure need help with this one!)
11. lastly, if you could get any polish at no cost, what would you get?
wow that was a lot of writing!!!